Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Greetings from Vancouver

Day 2 of our big trip to Alaska. Day 1 was spent mostly on airplanes and in airports, but we did end up having several hours to explore Vancouver, BC. Today the day started off drizzly. We walked to Gastown to a French bakery for breakfast. Yummy scrambled eggs, best I have ever had, the were a very pale gold and so good. I hate eggs, so this is high praise. Also fruit salad, bacon, and toasted focaccia. Oh my. After breakfast and coffee we walked to the Big Red bus terminal and got on for the 1-1/2 hour loop around Vancouver. We were in the covered portion, they could not use the open air part today as it was raining a lot. We ended up looping 1 and 1/2 times and not hopping off and on, it was too wet. We ended up near our hotel at a pub on the waterfront called The Mill All the photos for this blog entry are from the Internet. This is the only day I have wireless so it is my last post til the trip is over. Tomorrow we board the Holland America cruise ship for Alaska's Inside Passage. We will stop at Ketchikan, Juneau, Sitka, mendenhall glacier, Denali, and end up in Anchorage. The digi pages from the trip will start flowing onto the blog later in July.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed that you took the time to post on vacation! I copped out on Saturday :) was fun reading about your adventures!